Thursday, March 26, 2009

Father of the Year Status

So my 10 days of being Mr. Mom is coming to an end. For anyone out there reading this, hear me and hear me now: I AM FATHER OF THE YEAR. It is not arguable...this is what my regular routine has been since the wife left for Vietnam
6:00am – 6:30am wake up, shower get ready for work, make a pot of coffee
6:30am – 6:50am wake son up if not already up, change diaper put him in clothes for the day
6:50am – 7:30am feed son, feed myself, get bag ready for Day Care, put my lunch and sons bag in the car
7:30am – 7:50am drop son off @ Day Care
7:50am – 8:15am drive to work
8:30am – 5:00pm work
5:00pm – 5:30pm fight traffic and race to pick up son from Day Care
5:30pm - 6:00pm fight traffic to get home
6:00pm – 6:30pm prepare dinner, feed son, eat a quick dinner for myself, clean up son
6:30pm – 7:00pm playtime...for son, not me.
7:00pm – 7:30pm prepare bath for son, give son a bath, wrestle to put him in his PJ’s, get sleep bottle ready
7:30pm – 8:00pm a little bit of playtime depending how tired I am, put son down for bed
8;00pm – 9:00pm clean up dinner mess, do the dishes, maybe get a little bit more to eat, prepare sons bag for tomorrow, clean the floor from what son didn’t want, clean up bedroom & bath tub from bath time, get my lunch for tomorrow ready
9:00pm – finally time for myself...sometimes I do chores but very minimal. Most times I watch ball, play vids or clean up the mess made by son.

And these are the things I do daily...nevermind the little curveballs the son will throw in there. BUT...it's all worth it when I see this smiling face:


So I’ve been doing this for the past week and a bit...this should be enough to qualify me for Father of the Year. Wife comes back tomorrow...I can’t wait! LOL

I'm working on another "Pinoy Pride" article...check back in a couple days.

No comments: