Thursday, March 19, 2009

Patiently Waiting...

So the wife left for Vietnam late last night/early this morning...I already miss her and it’s not because I can’t handle my son on his own. It’s not the same walking around the house without her there...but this is good for me and is a reminder of how much I really do love my wife. I give a f**k what any “macho” guy says out there...I love my wife dearly and there is nothing wrong with letting everyone know that. If anyone is gonna hate on me for expressing that, then they need to look at their lives and think about why they are so lonely and empty....my wife & son truly are my life. Everything I do revolves around them...I remember one incident where I was at a friends, all the guys were there. My wife called me and when I said “I love you” before hanging up, they all did the sarcastic “awwwwwww” and threw comments like “you’re so gay”...to which I replied “I tell her I love her every chance I get because I don’t want to take her for granted” They couldn’t say shit...anyway, enough of how I feel about my wife, I think I got my point across. I miss her...

On with some REAL Spring talk: NCAA MARCH MADNESS and GOLF!!!! I love March. Nothing beats the rush of all the games going on. NCAA ball is so exciting, especially in March. The kids are playing their asses off because if they lose, they’re out and their season ends. A lot of them are trying to get that NBA contract as well. I think the beauty of it is the kids aren’t getting paid (unless they’re point shaving) so the passion, emotion and competitive spirit is real. It’s just amazing seeing people play their ass off strictly for the love of the game and thrill of competition no matter what level it is...that being said, I guess you can say a non-pro/pick-up/street ball legend such as myself can somewhat relate :)

GOLF is around the corner...I smell it. I’m hoping this season will be a good one for me. I didn’t play much golf last summer because of the move into the house, the birth of my son and my wife being on mat leave. This summer, although things will be tight, I’d like to really work on my swing. One of the things I plan on doing is going to the range more to nail down my mechanics & fundamentals and practicing on “lesser” courses so that when I do play “primo” courses, my game will be in good shape and I’ll enjoy the round that much more. I’ll have to invest in one of those Green Fee coupon books...gotta save every penny I can. Golf ain’t cheap...especially when you have a mortgage & mouths to feed. Anyway, I better actually work...and check the scores in the March Madness games...the MADNESS IS UPON US!!! BUCKLE UP....GO MEMPHIS & LOUISVILLE!!!

No comments: